Call For Abstracts
The Pacific Region Indigenous Doctors’ Congress provides a forum for Indigenous doctors and students from across the Pacific to gather and discuss issues of mutual interest, particularly those pertaining to the physical, mental, spiritual , social and cultural well - being of our populations, and this year, of our selves .
The 9th Annual Congress will be hosted by the `Ahahui o nā Kauka (Association of Native Hawaiian Physicians).
Scientific program will consist of oral presentations, panels, poster sessions and workshops. The program committee will decide on abstract acceptance as well as type of presentation. You may indicate your presentation preference on your submission but final decisions rest with the program committee. Specific requirement and instructions will be forwarded to participants upon acceptance of their submitted abstract.
Authors are responsible for paying registration fees for the conference. There are no waived registration fees for presenters.
The deadline has passed and abstracts are no longer being accepted. Mahalo for your patience as we put the academic program together.
We encourage submission of papers in the following areas (but papers are not restricted to these topics ) :
• Health of land, environment and impact on health of our people
• Well-being of indigenous peoples, our communities (including from a holistic perspective)
• Health of ourselves, self-care for indigenous healthcare providers
• Chronic disease management and prevention.
• Research related to indigenous health
• Mental health
• Prenatal/Maternal Health
• LGBTQ health issues
• Medical Education
• Workforce development
• Traditional medicine
• Physician as advocate
• Self determination and well-being
• Climate change and indigenous health
Oral/Poster General Submission Instructions*
• Word limit 500.
• Please edit carefully as the abstract will appear exactly as submitted, including errors.
• Please use the following Microsoft Word oral/poster abstract template for submissions.
• Must be Arial font, 12 point.
• Save abstracts as a Microsoft Word document with author’s last name and date submitted (e.g. Smith.Dec.30.17)
• Modifications are acceptable if the subject matter cannot be adequately addressed within this framework; however, the authors are responsible for ensuring that the organizational format chosen is understandable.
Workshop General Submission Instructions*
• Workshops are planned to be approximately 1.5 hours in length. Word count, font, submission instructions are the same as for oral/poster presentations.
• Please use the following Microsoft Word poster abstract template for submissions.
• Submit Abstract to email@example.com
*PRIDoC is first and foremost, an indigenous space, and therefore oral presentations will need to have at least one indigenous presenter. Poster sessions will be open to all presenters.